Hi, I’M ERIN.
My photography journey began back when my daughter was born, and I received my first DSLR camera. And with this amazing new camera in my hands, I was sure I was going to be a great photographer right away. I was not. It took me a long time to realize that it’s not about the equipment, it’s about the photographer and lots of practice. Years later, and lots of photos later, a friend asked me to take her family photos and then urged me to pursue it professionally. Since then, I’ve met some lovely people, had some great fun, walked dozens of miles, and taken thousands of photographs.
I’ve always been fascinated with photography and the magic of capturing a moment to cherish it forever and how it can so easily trigger our memories of times we might have otherwise forgotten. Photography has always interested me whether it’s looking through old family photos, restoring images, teaching others what I've learned, or taking the photos myself. I love photography. I come from a long line of creatives and photography just happened to be my path.
My style has always been about showcasing my subjects as naturally as possible. I primarily use natural light and outdoor locations. I use prompts to engage my clients with each other or with me to get those genuine and authentic expressions. And while I do prefer candids, I do throw in the traditional poses too.
I’m currently based out of Lompoc California, but I’ll travel up and down the Central Coast for a cool, new location to photograph you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Things you may not know ABOUT ME and never thought you'd want to...
- The "Elm" in Elm Photography are my initials... pretty creative, eh...?
- I was born and raised on the Central Coast of California, a true California girl. The blonde hair gave it away, didn't it?
- I love coffee. The smell, the first cup in the morning. The second cup in the morning... you can see a pattern here.
- I like all things vintage, especially old photos (obviously)
- I'm pretty quiet and dislike small talk but once you get to know me, you may not shut me up.
- When I'm not photographing people, I photograph flowers and bugs.
- I'm an introvert, but photography has forced me to be a little more extroverted. But only a little.
- I love true crime and witty comedies.
- I have a big sweet tooth, it's right there, see it?
- A good belly laugh can cure nearly anything, except maybe a sweet tooth.
- Family and friends are a treasure, even if you don't always agree.